Working With Your Insurance Company
For many home owners they have never needed to make a claim or even think about using their using their insurance. It’s always been a “just in case” or a requirement of the mortgage company when buying a home. If a claim ever must be made with the insurance company the home owner usually has zero experience on what to do or how to handle the claim. Quality Aire, LLC has years of experience dealing with insurance companies and can assist in guiding through the claims process to ensure the home is taken care of and the home owner is not going out of pocket for damages they didn’t even cause in the home.
Here are a few pointers on getting your claim started:
- If you have any damages resulting in the need to make an insurance claim, contact your insurance company direct to place a claim and get the process going. If you’re unsure Quality Aire, LLC can come out to do a free inspection and advise you if a claim is necessary.
- Take plenty of pictures of the damages in the home there can never be enough to provide the insurance company.
- Do not throw away the source of the loss for the insurance claim be it a water heater, broken valve, etc. The insurance company will need to take this as evidence of the claim and for possible subrogation.
- The home owner decides what companies work in their home. No one can force the use of one specific company.
- Don’t be afraid to ask the insurance adjuster questions! They are there to service the claim and assist you by any means.