If you have asbestos in your home, removing it yourself is never recommended. You should always seek a qualified removal firm to take care of the problem. This is because doing it yourself can create health and environmental problems and even make you at risk to lawsuits. Choosing the right firm to handle the removal is vital.
Asbestos Company in Phoenix
Asbestos was a very common and popular material used in construction all the way through the 1970s and even into the ’80s. If your home was constructed before 1990, there is a strong likelihood that asbestos can be found somewhere in the construction materials. While the material is relatively safe if left undisturbed, when it ages it can become brittle and flake. This can release dangerous fibers and particles into the air which can cause illnesses such as respiratory problems, emphysema and even cancer.
Qualified Abatement Companies
A qualified and expert asbestos abatement asbestos company in Phoenix has the knowledge, training and experience to effectively, completely and safely remove this material from your home. Such companies will also be able to identify “safe” asbestos from dangerous. When hiring a firm, you want the peace of mind to know that the process is being handled properly.
What to Look For
When choosing your asbestos removal firm, look for answers to the following questions.
- Is the company licensed and certified? Asbestos removal firms should be properly certified and licensed by state and national boards to confirm their expertise. This is the most important qualification for which to check.
- What will the removal cost? Don’t be afraid to check around for the best rates. However, always weigh the cost against the benefits. The cheapest company is not always the best qualified to handle your problem. Remember, you are dealing with a very hazardous material — do you want bargain basement quality, or a company that takes your health and safety seriously?
- Can the company provide references? Most companies with strong track records will be able to provide testimonials and references to support their services.
- Are they BBB Certified? Check the Better Business Bureau for the company’s grading to see if there have been complaints and how these issues have been resolved.
- What process do they use? The best companies will be more than happy to sit down with you and go over the process of removal in detail. This will also enable you to ask any questions and address any concerns you might have. The contractor should also be willing to give you a written work order and estimate for the removal.
- What is the timeframe for removal? This will likely depend on the degree of the problem, but don’t be afraid to ask for information on how long the job will take, and why. Communication is vital when selecting any contractor.
In the end, you want a company that has strong communication and a solid tradition of service and success. If you have asbestos problems in your home, check out our removal process and give us a call for an assessment today.
Quality Aire is an asbestos abatement company serving the Phoenix metro area, including Scottsdale, Tempe, Mesa, Chandler, and Glendale.